Passengers are welcome to bring on board, one (1) carry-on item (excluding infant fare type).
No luggage is allowed in the aisles, wheelchair spaces or any other area that may hinder a rapid evacuation.
Additional items or sporting equipment such as bikes must be pre-booked and will incur a small fee for transfer. These items are not allowed inside the main
area of the vessel.
Please Note: There is very limited storage space in the passenger cabin, luggage will be taken and stowed on a first in, first served basis.
If staying overnight, you can have your luggage (bags and eskies) delivered to your accommodation on your behalf. Each piece of luggage will incur a $2.00 transport fee.
Luggage labels must be collected from the ticket office at check in. Please have your accommodation address ready at time of check-in.
Conditions of Luggage
The Company accepts no responsibility for loss of, or damage to luggage, or for consequential damages arising therefrom whether sustained during off-loading or transportation, and whether arising from negligence, malfunction of the vessel or other cause, except to the extent that the exclusion of such liability is prohibited by law.
Fishing rods, bicycles, and golf bags cannot be delivered by the Rottnest Island Authority (RIA) and must be collected by the owner from the jetty, upon arrival at Rottnest. Items that are of an excessive size or weight may be refused at loading, and will not be carried by SeaLink Rottnest Island. This is up to the discretion of the vessel crew at the time of boarding.
In the interests of passenger and vessel safety, SeaLink Rottnest Island reserves the right to conduct a search of any luggage.
Maximum Luggage Sizes
*Box / crate without handles - maximum 10 kilograms
- Luggage exceeding the specified size will not be transported or delivered.
- No ‘piggy‐backing’ of luggage is permitted, for example, attaching a sleeping bag to a suitcase.
- Each passenger (excluding infants) is entitled to 1 x carry on item no larger than specified in the above table.
- Note: Even if an oversized or overweight item was inadvertently accepted by SeaLink Rottnest Island it may not be delivered by the RIA to your booked accommodation.
- If you are bringing an electric bicycle the cost is $15 for freight. Please remove the battery and pack this in your hand luggage.