Rottnest Island open to the public.
Today at 12.45pm Premier Mark McGowan announced that Rottnest Island will be reopened to the public on Saturday 06/06/2020. Here at SeaLink we are delighted to be supporting this fantastic news and will also be recommencing our ferry services to Rottnest Island on 06/06/2020.
For more information on our recommencement of services please click here.
What are we doing to minimise the risk of COVID-19?
We have always had stringent and rigorous hygiene standards, cleaning procedures and health and safety practices. During this time, we have stepped our practices and procedures up even further.
Our staff have been briefed and trained on appropriate hand hygiene and sanitising practices. We will continue to monitor and maintain these practices in accordance with the health advice to ensure we maintain these to the highest standards.
All our operations have increased vessel, vehicle and room cleaning procedures and practices. Hard surfaces (such as tables, handrails, door handles, counters etc.) are being cleaned more regularly to minimise the risk.
Where possible we have made additional hand sanitisers and cleaning stations available to our customers and employees to exercise good hand/hygiene practices. We have also placed hygiene communications in our vessels, vehicles, accommodation, food venues, shop fronts/counters/terminals from the relevant health authorities.
Additional control measures we have put in place at SeaLink Rottnest Island include:
- Capped the number of passengers per vessel to accommodate for social distancing practices
- An experienced cleaning team and additional training of crew members in cleaning procedures
- Signage on best hand washing techniques and practices
- Reinforced vigilance in hand washing throughout our properties
- An increased number of hygiene hand washing stations
- Activating Safety Alert Bulletins
In the unlikely event that a customer or staff member presents with symptoms, where possible we will supply them with a mask and follow the instructions and recommendations from the Australian Government Health Department. Click here for more information.
What can you do to minimise the risk?
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best way to minimise the risk from COVID-19. You should:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- If unwell, avoid contact with others. Consider deferring travel and seek healthcare advice.
- Exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
If you are feeling unwell or want more information on the recommended personal control measures, visit www.health.gov.au
What happens if SeaLink Travel Group cancels my tour/cruise?
If the tourism experience you have purchased has been cancelled, we will offer either a:
- Travel credit to the value of 100% to be spent at a time convenient to you within the next 3 years
- Full refund in accordance with the cancellation policy
What if I want to change my travel dates to later?
If you have an existing booking and were scheduled to travel between 23 March 2020 and 3 July 2020 and you wish to change your travel dates, we will waive any amendment fees if you book your travel dates within 12 months of the original booked travel dates.
Please note: If any third-party or supplier costs change before the new travel dates, additional costs may be incurred.
What if I want to cancel my trip?
If you are scheduled to travel between 23 March 2020 and 3 July 2020 and want to cancel your tour or cruise altogether you can either choose:
- 100% travel credit to use at a time that suits you on any of SeaLink Travel Group’s products (to use within 12 months of the original booking date), or
- A 100% refund.
You should also check with your travel insurance policy for any information regarding cancellations.
SeaLink Rottnest Island maintains close relationships with Government and Health Authorities and will continue to monitor the situation. We will provide further updates via this page and social media when available.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support during these difficult times.
We can’t wait to welcome you back again soon to connect you with an experience that creates a brilliant lifelong memory!